We are proud to announce that we now have a Pet Wellness Plan for dogs and cats ages 1 and over! Our mission statement is to keep your pets with you in good health for as long as possible so after your pet's Puppy/Kitten Wellness Package is completed, you will be able to join the next program which will help us catch diseases early and prevent new ones from starting if at all possible. We have combined our Pet Wellness Plan with the Pet Wellness Report so that not only are lab values obtained annually (in addition to canine and feline heartworm testing) but physical exams, vaccinations, stool exams, and nail trims are covered in addition to a discount that we offer for flea and heartworm preventatives. Call the office at 716-636-3600 for more details today! Read the information below for a detailed description of our program.
Pet Wellness Plan for Dogs and Cats Ages 1 and Over
As animals age, they are prone to many of the same diseases aging humans experience. To diagnose these illnesses early, we recommend blood testing at least every year, and more frequently as your pet ages.
Benefits to wellness blood testing include:
- Establishes baseline values
- Many patients show subtle change in their blood values over time. The changes cannot be identified without the normal level for that individual patient.
- Identifies unseen disease processes at an early stage.
- If we are able to identify an underlying disease process before symptoms are evident, the likelihood of a successful outcome is greater as it prevents us from waiting for obvious clinical signs of tragic illness to occur.
- Identifying disease early often lessens the cost of treatment.
- Early identification of a problem may help to prevent the pain or discomfort of symptoms by halting or easing its progression
- Serves as a pre-anesthetic health screen for any surgical or dental procedure.
- A blood profile may help us avoid using medications that may be unsafe for a pet’s medical condition or health status.
If abnormalities are found, we may recommend additional tests. If your pet has a new or previously diagnosed condition, the veterinarian will discuss the need for specific tests such as x-rays, ultrasound or electrocardiograms at an additional cost.
What one year of the Pet Wellness Plan includes:
- Two Wellness Physical Examinations 6 months apart
- Two nail trims
- Pet Wellness Report® Lab work annually (includes: Complete Blood Count, Chemistry Panel, T4 (thyroid), Urinalysis, Heartworm in addition to Feline Leukemia Virus and Feline Immunodeficiency Virus testing for cats only)
- One stool examination for parasites
- All vaccinations and boosters as needed for the year (includes: Distemper, Hepatitis, Parainfluenza, Parvovirus, Leptospirosis, Rabies, Bordetella/Kennel Cough and Lyme for dogs only and Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus, Panleukopenia, Feline Leukemia and Rabies for cats only)
- A 10% discount off all heartworm and flea medication purchased within the year
- A 5% discount on the plan cost to you if you purchase more than one pet wellness plan
Dog Plan Cost: $315.01 Cat Plan Cost: $285.66
(Dog Plan Value: $410.01) (Cat Plan Value: $380.66)
TOTAL SAVINGS: $95.00
** The Pet Wellness Plan is payable in full at the time of enrollment, expires one year after the date of purchase and is non-refundable. Sick visits are excluded from the Plan.**
Keep on reading to learn more about the Pet Wellness Report...
We know you love your pet and we appreciate the time and devotion involved with being a pet owner.
That’s why we now offer the Pet Wellness Report®. Offered during your pet’s regular exam, the
Pet Wellness Report® provides a more complete picture of your pet’s health. Call us today at
(716)636-3600 to schedule your pet’s exam.
The results of detailed Laboratory work and a comprehensive Pet Health Questionnaire are combined to
form an individualized Pet Wellness Report®. This can help you better understand your pet’s health and enable you to work with your veterinarian to provide the best possible care.
Laboratory work provides your veterinarian information to help evaluate your pet’s organ function, identify
the nutrition your pet needs to stay well, better understand your pet’s health risks, and detect some
common diseases in time to make a difference.
A physical exam alone may not be able to provide this kind of information (e.g. Lyme disease).
The Pet Health Questionnaire
The questionnaire takes advantage of your close relationship with your pet to help predict or identify
potential issues early. The questionnaire asks questions that provide background on your pet in the
• Arthritis • Cancer • Weight management
• Oral and dental health • Nutrition • Heartworm and heart health
• Kidney and other organ health • General safety
• Risk from diseases, some of which may be preventable by vaccination
The questionnaire also calculates your pet’s approximate age in ‘human’ years. It gives you a unique
chance to share detailed information about your pet with your veterinarian that you may not have the
opportunity (or always remember) to discuss during a regular exam.
Pet Wellness Report®
Your pet’s individualized report includes the results of the online
health and lifestyle questionnaire and also your pet’s laboratory
values – all in easy-to-understand language.
• Health information and recommendations tailored to
your pet’s needs
• An evaluation of your pet’s risk level for certain serious
• The opportunity for you and your veterinarian to
discuss the best options for your pet so you can
Once your report is complete, you can access your pet’s report online at any time!
Call us today at (716)636-3600 to make an appointment for your pet to receive the Pet Wellness
Report®, or if you have any questions.
“It gives you peace of mind. . . knowing you have done everything you can
so you don’t lose them even a day early.” Pet Parent